Sunday, January 8, 2012

Are travel trailers safe as far as health is concerned?

We are thinking of buying a new travel trailer and using it alot due to my husband's job. He travels all over our state during the week and is only home on the weekends, and we've thought about buying the travel trailer so that myself and our two daughters who I stay at home with, ages 3 yrs old and 1 yr old, could travel with him when he goes somewhere that has a lot of family activities near by. I'm just concerned with how safe they are as far as our health is concerned because I remember all of the issues with the FEMA trailers when Hurricane Katrina hit, they had high levels of formaldehyde in them and made the people sick. I wouldn't want to be exposing my little ones to that kind of danger....what do you think?|||I think that they are as safe as a "new" car until all of the brand new chemical smells are out. You can open it up and air it out really well before anyone stays in it for a long period of time.





Or, you don't have to buy a new one. I think you could save a whole bundle of money if you didn't buy a new one. They are over priced in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment