Thursday, January 19, 2012

How will my travel trailer withstand winter? I will need to live in it for a year in southern Ohio.?

What can I do to live in a travel trailer during the winter with out pipes freezing? I can only afford a used, and older model. I will have to live in it for one year in Cinci Ohio.How will my travel trailer withstand winter? I will need to live in it for a year in southern Ohio.?
It just so happens that i lived in a camper for a year while building my house. This is what i did. I slide my water line into a three inch pvc pipe all the way to the camper,i wrapped house insulation around it and covered it with loose dirt.I placed hay bales all around the camper so as to create a dead air space. I hooked my septic pipe up to a home made tank(old Fuel Tank) and made a quick leach field.I lived in it all winter with no problems other then running out of propane one night(damn near froze to death)i had no problems at all. I live in northern New York and it does get cold here.How will my travel trailer withstand winter? I will need to live in it for a year in southern Ohio.?
my camper owners guide cautions against long term living as constant moisture could eventually become a problem...not sure i believe them but thats what they say...
  • miata
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment