Thursday, January 19, 2012

Can I tow a 23 foot travel trailer with my 30 foot RV?

Can my 30 foot RV tow my 23 foot travel trailer? Is that even legal, if it is possible? I live in BC, Canada



Thanks!Can I tow a 23 foot travel trailer with my 30 foot RV?
I know several people that travel with a tag-a-long towing a car towing a boat. So yes it can be done, with care. But you will need to check with DOT(department of transportation) as to the legality in the states or provinces) o travel through. I also have a friend who drives a 45' Marathon and he tows a 30' Class "C".

Also lkeep in mind it will be real slow going in hills and mountains and you MPG will drop dramatically.

Take care and whatever you do have fun doing it!
See what the towing limits are for your coach, but I would say no unless the TT is really light. It would be a real strain on the drivetrain of the coach. I have seen pickups with campers pulling a TT but again, it is a real load on the vehicle doing the pulling.Can I tow a 23 foot travel trailer with my 30 foot RV?
you best ask your dept. of motor vehicles.
be careful of your turning, not much room in beteewn units.Can I tow a 23 foot travel trailer with my 30 foot RV?
the capability and leagality are two differant things. Yes it is possible you first have to see what the towing capibilitys are of your RV it should be in your owners manual or ask an RV dealers. As far as legality you need to contact your local licences office.

No comments:

Post a Comment