Thursday, January 12, 2012

What type of paint can I use for the outside of a travel trailer?

I have a 20' travel trailer that the previous owner powerwashed the paint off. I would like to repaint but need to know what type of paint will work and last on the travel trailer.What type of paint can I use for the outside of a travel trailer?
any brand of automotive paint. i would use acrylic enamal with clearcoat mixed in with the paint. doing a seperate clearcoat step the clearcoat will peel off in a few years like it does on some cars you see. with it mixed in with the last coats of paint makes it stay shiny and the acrylic enamal is better than any basecoat. its holds up great, and is cheaper than basecoat. I would use nason brand or omni brand paint.What type of paint can I use for the outside of a travel trailer?
For the metal sections use Rustoleum brand, for the siding use a vinyl siding approved paint that can flex with the heat expansion and contractions of the seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment