Thursday, January 19, 2012

Do I need a ELECTRIC BRAKE CONTROL to tow travel trailer?

I have a f150 4x4 ext cab according to the spec guide the capacity of towing is 8500lbs. I am planning to buy a 4000lbs travel trailer 17-18"

I will be driving a lot of mountainroads with it.Do I need a ELECTRIC BRAKE CONTROL to tow travel trailer?
Yes, you will differently need it for your safety and the safety of the truck, trailer, load and other people.
YES! It's cheap insurance and peace of mind.Do I need a ELECTRIC BRAKE CONTROL to tow travel trailer?
yes



it isnt how much your truck can pull, it helps control the trailer when you stop.



Your truck, when stopping, has good brakes. However, 4000+ lbs, not braking, becomes a rolling, deadly, potentially out of control weapon behind you if there are no brakes controlling it.
It would be a real good idea. You should be able to get all the wiring and hardware from the local Ford dealer. Trust me its the easiest way to go.Do I need a ELECTRIC BRAKE CONTROL to tow travel trailer?
Rex is right. If the trailer HAS brakes, you need to hook 'em up.



Your truck's brakes are not designed to stop it and another 4000# too.



You would be in trouble going down hills, as your brakes would overheat and fade out or cause the moisture in the lines to boil. this causes all kinds of problems, and sometimes deaths.
If the trailer has electric brakes, then you should add the brake controller. It will save your vehicles brakes and make towing so much easier and nicer. If the trailer does not have electric brakes, then you would be wasting your money as it wouldn't help.
I would...brakes will keep it from pushing your truck...
you probly dont need one but it would help

No comments:

Post a Comment